Kenneth P. Brevoort (email@example.com) is a section chief at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Robert B. Avery (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a program manager at Federal Housing Finance Agency. Glenn B. Canner (email@example.com) is a senior adviser at Federal Reserve Board. We thank Ezra Becker, Ron Borzekowski, Leonard Chanin, Jane Gell, Catherine Henderson, Robin Prager, David Stein, and Chet Wiermanski for helpful comments, Cheryl Cooper for research assistance, and Rick McKinney for helping assemble a history of Regulation B. Any remaining errors are our own. The analysis in this article was completed when all three authors were employed at the Federal Reserve Board. Ken Brevoort also thanks the Credit Research Centre and Business School at the University of Edinburgh for their hospitality while working on this article.
Credit Where None Is Due? Authorized-User Account Status and Piggybacking Credit
Version of Record online: 30 OCT 2013
Published 2013. This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the USA.
Journal of Consumer Affairs
Volume 47, Issue 3, pages 518–547, Fall 2013
How to Cite
BREVOORT, K. P., AVERY, R. B. and CANNER, G. B. (2013), Credit Where None Is Due? Authorized-User Account Status and Piggybacking Credit. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 47: 518–547. doi: 10.1111/joca.12020
- Issue online: 18 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 30 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 30 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 MAY 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!