Invited article. Jeff Sovern (email@example.com) is a Professor of Law, St. John's University School of Law. The author expresses gratitude for comments by Ralph J. Rohner, Margot Saunders, attendees at an Association of American Law Schools (“AALS”) Section on Financial Institutions and Consumer Financial Services event at the 2010 AALS Annual Meeting, attendees at the 2010 Annual Conference of the American Council on Consumer Interests, held in partnership with the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, two anonymous ACCI reviewers, attendees at a St. John's Law School faculty colloquium, and the research assistance of Sabihul Alam, Cameron M. Fee, Vitaly Libman, Preston J. Postlethwaite, Richard Burger, and Jamie Weller. ACCI awarded an earlier version of this article its 2010 award for Applied Consumer Economics. This article is an adaptation of a much longer article (Sovern 2010).
Fixing Consumer Protection Laws So Borrowers Understand Their Payment Obligations†
Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2014
Copyright 2014 by The American Council on Consumer Interests
Journal of Consumer Affairs
Special Issue: The New Era in Consumer Protection Regulation
Volume 48, Issue 1, pages 17–33, Spring 2014
How to Cite
SOVERN, J. (2014), Fixing Consumer Protection Laws So Borrowers Understand Their Payment Obligations. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 48: 17–33. doi: 10.1111/joca.12035
- Issue online: 27 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!