Editorial: Failure to care: nursing in a state of liquid modernity?
Article first published online: 19 FEB 2014
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Journal of Clinical Nursing
Special Issue: ICU Special Section
Volume 23, Issue 5-6, pages 766–767, March 2014
How to Cite
Randall, D. and McKeown, M. (2014), Editorial: Failure to care: nursing in a state of liquid modernity?. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 23: 766–767. doi: 10.1111/jocn.12441
- Issue published online: 19 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 19 FEB 2014
- 2000) Liquid Modernity, 2nd edn, 2012. Polity Press, Cambridge. (
- 2011) The militancy of nurses and union renewal. Transfer: European Review of Labour and Research 17, 484–499. (
- 2012) Nurses say NHS job cuts are harming care standards. The Guardian, 13 November, 16. (
- Department of Health (2006) Modernising Nursing Careers: Setting the Direction. Department of Health, London.
- 1983) The Managed Heart. University of California Press, Berkeley, CA. (
- 2008) Editorial: What becomes of the whistleblowers? Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 1261–1262. (
- Deeply engaged relationships? Trade Unionism and the Organized Left's Alliance Building with Psychiatric Survivors in the UK. In Psychiatry Disrupted: Theorizing Resistance and Crafting the (R)evolution (Burstow B, Diamond SL & LeFrancois BA eds). McGill/Queen's University Press, Montreal & Kingston. , & (in press)
- 2012) Consulting children and young people on what makes a good nurse. Nursing Children and Young People 24, 14–19. & (
- 2012) With God on Our Side: The Struggle for Workers' Rights in a Catholic Hospital. ILR Press, Ithaca, NY. (
- 2008) Emotional Labour in Healthcare: The Unmanaged Heart of Nursing. Routledge, Abingdon. (
- UK Government (2013) The Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust Public Inquiry. Available at: http://www.midstaffspublicinquiry.com/report (accessed 17 June 2013).