Editorial: Patients: passive subjects or active participants in reducing the spread of infection?
Version of Record online: 7 JAN 2014
© 2014 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Journal of Clinical Nursing
Volume 23, Issue 17-18, pages 2385–2386, September 2014
How to Cite
Wyer, M., Iedema, R. and Hor, S.-Y. (2014), Editorial: Patients: passive subjects or active participants in reducing the spread of infection?. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 23: 2385–2386. doi: 10.1111/jocn.12464
- Issue online: 22 JUL 2014
- Version of Record online: 7 JAN 2014
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC) (2011) National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards. ACSQHC, Sydney, NSW.
- 2008) The Impact of Organisation and Management Factors on Infection Control in Hospitals: A Scoping Review. King's College London, London. , & (
- 2011) Hand hygiene: are we trying to make the patient the fail-safe system? Journal of Hospital Infection 79, 380–381. (
- 2013) Finding the patient in patient safety. Health: An Interdisciplinary Journal for the Social Study of Health, Illness and Medicine 17, 567–583 , , & (
- 2013) Visualising Health Care Practice Improvement: Innovation from within. Radcliffe Publishing, London. , & (
- 2012) Patient-centered hand hygiene: the next step in infection prevention. American Journal of Infection Control 404 (Suppl. 1), S11–S17. , , & (
- 2011) Patient empowerment and multimodal hand hygiene promotion: a win-win strategy. American Journal of Medical Quality: The Official Journal of the American College of Medical Quality 26, 10–17. , , , & (
- 2012) Colonised and isolated: a qualitative metasynthesis of patients' experiences of being infected with multiple drug resistant organisms and subsequent isolation. Healthcare Infection 16, 147–155. & (
- 2010) Patients' experiences of being infected with MRSA at a hospital and subsequently source isolated. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences 24, 101–107. , & (
- World Health Organization (2009) WHO Guidelines on Hand Hygiene in Health Care: First Global Patient Safety Challenge: Clean Care is Safer Care. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- World Health Organization (2011). Report on the Burden of Endemic Health Care-Associated Infection Worldwide. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- World Health Organization (2012) The Evolving Threat of Antimicrobial Resistance: Options for Action. World Health Organisation, Geneva.
- 2013) Involving Patients in Understanding Infection Control Using Visual Methods. Paper presented at the eleventh interdisciplinary conference of Communication, Medicine and Ethics (COMET), 11–13 July. Melbourne, Vic., Australia. (