*University of Washington, University of North Carolina, and Washington University in St. Louis, respectively. The authors thank Robert Battalio, Darrell Duffie, Nicolae Gârleanu, Jennifer Huang, David Musto, Lasse Pedersen, an anonymous referee, the Editors, and seminar participants at the American Finance Association Conference, Barclays Global Investors, the Consortium for Financial Economics and Accounting Conference, the European Finance Association Conference, the IIROC-DeGroote Conference on Market Structure, Texas A&M, the University of Oregon's Institutional Asset Management Conference, the University of Virginia, and the University of Washington. We are grateful for financial support from the Q Group. Our data provider made this work possible and provided invaluable advice over the course of numerous discussions. Finally, we thank William Frohnhoefer for providing institutional details.
A Multiple Lender Approach to Understanding Supply and Search in the Equity Lending Market
Article first published online: 7 MAR 2013
© 2013 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 68, Issue 2, pages 559–595, April 2013
How to Cite
KOLASINSKI, A. C., REED, A. V. and RINGGENBERG, M. C. (2013), A Multiple Lender Approach to Understanding Supply and Search in the Equity Lending Market. The Journal of Finance, 68: 559–595. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12007
- Issue published online: 7 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 7 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 NOV 2012 11:32AM EST
- Initial submission: March 13, 2009; Final version received: October 8, 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!