Atanassov is with the Department of Finance, Lundquist College of Business, University of Oregon. I would like to thank the Editor (Campbell Harvey), the anonymous Associate Editor, the two anonymous referees, Sreedhar Bharath, Larry Dann, Amy Dittmar, Diane Del Guercio, Charles Hadlock, E. Han Kim, Wayne Mikkelson, Vikram Nanda, Megan Partch, Uday Rajan, Jonathan Reuter, Gary Solon, Rosemarie Ziedonis, Eric Zitzewitz, seminar participants at the University of Michigan, University of Oregon, University of Alabama, University of Alberta, and University of California Irvine, as well as participants at the 2006 University of Oregon Finance Conference, participants at the 2007 European Finance Association Conference and the discussant Vladimir Ivanov, participants at the 2008 Western Finance Association Conference and the discussant Gustavo Manso, and participants at the 2009 ASSA meetings and the discussant Amit Seru for useful comments and suggestions. I thank the National Bureau of Economic Research (Hall, Jaffe, and Tratjenberg) for making their patent data available for public use.
Do Hostile Takeovers Stifle Innovation? Evidence from Antitakeover Legislation and Corporate Patenting
Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2013
© 2013 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 68, Issue 3, pages 1097–1131, June 2013
How to Cite
ATANASSOV, J. (2013), Do Hostile Takeovers Stifle Innovation? Evidence from Antitakeover Legislation and Corporate Patenting. The Journal of Finance, 68: 1097–1131. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12019
- Issue online: 20 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 JAN 2013 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 1 APR 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!