All authors are at the Federal Reserve Board. This paper represents the views of the authors and does not necessarily represent the views of the Board of Governors or other Federal Reserve staff. We are deeply indebted to two anonymous referees, Campbell Harvey (the Editor), and an Associate Editor for detailed feedback that greatly improved the paper. We thank seminar participants at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, the Yale Conference on Financial Crisis Research, the IADB-LFN, the IMF, and the Bank of Canada, as well as Viral Acharya, Franklin Allen, Adam Ashcraft, Markus Brunnermeier, William Dudley, Gary Gorton, Zhiguo He, Jeffrey Lacker, Eduardo Levi-Yeyati, Peter Lupoff, Gregory Nini, Philipp Schnabl, Jeremy Stein, and Wei Xiong for useful comments. We also thank Scott Aubuchon, Elisabeth Perlman, and Landon Stroebel for excellent research assistance.
The Evolution of a Financial Crisis: Collapse of the Asset-Backed Commercial Paper Market
Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2013
© 2013 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 68, Issue 3, pages 815–848, June 2013
How to Cite
COVITZ, D., LIANG, N. and SUAREZ, G. A. (2013), The Evolution of a Financial Crisis: Collapse of the Asset-Backed Commercial Paper Market. The Journal of Finance, 68: 815–848. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12023
- Issue online: 20 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 JAN 2013 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 22 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!