Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I would like to thank Malcolm Baker, Craig Carroll, Riccardo Colacito, Jennifer Conrad, Alex Edmans, Joey Engelberg, Francesca Gino, Mark Grinblatt, Anh Le, Michael Halling, Pab Jotikasthira, Patrick Kelly, Lisa Kramer, Øyvind Norli, Chris Parsons, Chris Roush, Francesco Sangiorgi, Günter Strobl, and Paul Tetlock for comments on an early draft, as well as seminar participants at UNC at Chapel Hill, the First International Moscow Finance Conference, the European Winter Finance Summit (2010), the 2011 FIRS conference, the Chinese University at Hong Kong, and the Central Bank of Serbia. The suggestions provided by the Editor (Cam Harvey), an anonymous Associate Editor, and the referee were critical in shaping the paper. I would also like to thank David Ernsthausen for superb research support. Special thanks to the CDLA staff, Kirill Fesenko, Fred Stipe, and particularly Rita Van Duinen, for their help in the optical character recognition stage of this project.
Sentiment during Recessions
Article first published online: 20 MAY 2013
© 2013 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 68, Issue 3, pages 1267–1300, June 2013
How to Cite
GARCÍA, D. (2013), Sentiment during Recessions. The Journal of Finance, 68: 1267–1300. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12027
- Issue published online: 20 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 20 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 JAN 2013 12:45PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 16 MAY 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!