Kelley is at University of Arizona and Tetlock is at Columbia University. The authors thank the following people for their helpful comments: Brad Barber, Robert Battalio, Ekkehart Boehmer, Kent Daniel, Stefano DellaVigna, Simon Gervais, Campbell Harvey, Paul Irvine, Charles Jones, Tim Loughran, Terry Odean, Emiliano Pagnotta, Chris Parsons, Mitchell Petersen, Tano Santos, Nitish Sinha, Sheridan Titman, Scott Weisbenner, and an anonymous Associate Editor and referee, along with participants at the Miami Finance, NYU Five-Star, and WFA conferences, as well as colleagues at Alberta, AQR Capital, Arizona, Columbia, DePaul, Emory, LBS, LSE, Texas A&M, and USC. The authors also thank the University of Arizona and Columbia, respectively, for research support, Travis Box for research assistance, and Dow Jones for access to their news archive. All results and interpretations are the authors’ and are not endorsed by the news or retail order data providers.
How Wise Are Crowds? Insights from Retail Orders and Stock Returns
Article first published online: 20 MAY 2013
© 2013 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 68, Issue 3, pages 1229–1265, June 2013
How to Cite
KELLEY, E. K. and TETLOCK, P. C. (2013), How Wise Are Crowds? Insights from Retail Orders and Stock Returns. The Journal of Finance, 68: 1229–1265. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12028
- Issue published online: 20 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 20 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 FEB 2013 02:37PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 4 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!