Nicola Gennaioli is with Università Bocconi, IGIER, and CREI; Andrei Shleifer is with Harvard University; and Robert W. Vishny is with University of Chicago. We are grateful to Viral Acharya, Tobias Adrian, Efraim Benmelech, John Campbell, Robin Greenwood, Samuel Hanson, Arvind Krishnamurthy, Raghu Rajan, Rafael Repullo, Matthew Richardson, Philipp Schnabl, Joshua Schwartzstein, Alp Simsek, Jeremy Stein, René Stulz, Amir Sufi, Campbell Harvey (Editor), and two anonymous referees, and especially Charles-Henri Weymuller for helpful comments. Gennaioli thanks the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics and the European Research Council under the European Union's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007–2013)/ERC Grant agreement no. 24114 for financial support.
A Model of Shadow Banking
Article first published online: 16 JUL 2013
© 2013 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 68, Issue 4, pages 1331–1363, August 2013
How to Cite
GENNAIOLI, N., SHLEIFER, A. and VISHNY, R. W. (2013), A Model of Shadow Banking. The Journal of Finance, 68: 1331–1363. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12031
- Issue published online: 16 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 16 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 JAN 2013 12:46PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 JUN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!