James R. Brown is with the College of Business at Iowa State University, Gustav Martinsson is with the Swedish Institute for Financial Research (SIFR) and Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies (CESIS), and Bruce C. Petersen is with Washington University in St. Louis. We thank an anonymous referee, an anonymous Associate Editor, and Campbell Harvey (the Editor) for extensive suggestions that greatly improved the paper. We also appreciate insightful comments from Lee Benham, Ginka Borisova, Dino Falaschetti, Rob Fleck, Andy Hanssen, Dorothy Petersen, Per Stromberg, and seminar participants at Iowa State University, the Institute for Financial Research (SIFR), the Conference on Politics, Law, and Business at Seattle University, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, Royal Institute of Technology, Lund University, and the University of Gothenburg.
Law, Stock Markets, and Innovation
Article first published online: 16 JUL 2013
© 2013 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 68, Issue 4, pages 1517–1549, August 2013
How to Cite
BROWN, J. R., MARTINSSON, G. and PETERSEN, B. C. (2013), Law, Stock Markets, and Innovation. The Journal of Finance, 68: 1517–1549. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12040
- Issue published online: 16 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 16 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 MAR 2013 04:10AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 NOV 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!