McLean is from the University of Alberta and MIT. Zhao is from the University of Alberta. We owe special thanks to Campbell Harvey (the Editor), an anonymous Associate Editor, and an anonymous referee for helpful comments and guidance. We also thank Michael Cooper, Ying Duan, Randall Morck, Chris Parsons, Sukesh Patro, Jeffrey Pontiff, Liz Tashjian, seminar participants at the University of Alberta, the University of Arizona, and the University of Utah, and conference participants at the French Finance Association, the Academy of Behavioral Finance and Economics, and the Queens School of Business Behavioral Finance Conference for helpful comments. We thank the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada for financial support.
The Business Cycle, Investor Sentiment, and Costly External Finance
Article first published online: 8 MAY 2014
© 2014 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 69, Issue 3, pages 1377–1409, June 2014
How to Cite
MCLEAN, R. D. and ZHAO, M. (2014), The Business Cycle, Investor Sentiment, and Costly External Finance. The Journal of Finance, 69: 1377–1409. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12047
- Issue published online: 8 MAY 2014
- Article first published online: 8 MAY 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 MAR 2013 03:49AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 27 SEP 2011
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!