Hoberg is with University of Maryland. Phillips is with University of Southern California and NBER. Prabhala is with University of Maryland. We thank Harry DeAngelo, Laurent Fresard, Gustavo Grullon, the Editor (Campbell Harvey), an anonymous Associate Editor, an anonymous referee, participants at the UBC Winter Finance Conference and seminar audiences at HKUST, National University of Singapore, Michigan State University, Northwestern University, Notre Dame University, Temple University, and University of Southern California for helpful comments. Any remaining errors are the authors' alone.
Product Market Threats, Payouts, and Financial Flexibility
Article first published online: 7 JAN 2014
© 2013 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 69, Issue 1, pages 293–324, February 2014
How to Cite
HOBERG, G., PHILLIPS, G. and PRABHALA, N. (2014), Product Market Threats, Payouts, and Financial Flexibility. The Journal of Finance, 69: 293–324. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12050
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 7 JAN 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 1 APR 2013 08:40AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 APR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!