Kaplan and Moskowitz are with the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and NBER, and Sensoy is with The Ohio State University. We thank Jack Bao, Itzhak Ben-David, Lauren Cohen, Andrea Frazzini, Cam Harvey (Editor), John Heaton, Kewei Hou, Charles Jones, Christopher Malloy, Gregor Matvos, David Musto, Les Nelson, Oguzhan Ozbas, Lasse Pedersen, Bill Pridmore, Adam Reed, Savina Rizova, Paul Schultz, Amit Seru, Chester Spatt, Ingrid Werner, an anonymous Associate Editor, three anonymous referees, and seminar and conference participants at Columbia University, Duke University, Indiana University, Ohio State University, University of North Carolina, University of Chicago, University of Oxford, the 2010 fall Q Group meeting, the 2011 RMA/UNC conference on securities lending, the 2011 AFA Meeting, the 2011 SIFR asset pricing conference, and the 2011 Wharton conference in honor of Marshall Blume for helpful comments and discussions. During the periods of the experiment, Kaplan served on the board of trustees of the mutual funds managed by the money manager studied in this paper. Kaplan and Moskowitz thank the Initiative on Global Markets and CRSP at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business for financial support.
The Effects of Stock Lending on Security Prices: An Experiment
Version of Record online: 10 SEP 2013
© 2013 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 68, Issue 5, pages 1891–1936, October 2013
How to Cite
KAPLAN, S. N., MOSKOWITZ, T. J. and SENSOY, B. A. (2013), The Effects of Stock Lending on Security Prices: An Experiment. The Journal of Finance, 68: 1891–1936. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12051
- Issue online: 10 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 10 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 9 APR 2013 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 14 AUG 2010
- Global Markets
- CRSP at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!