Paolo Colla is at Università Bocconi; Filippo Ippolito is at Universitat Pompeu Fabra; and Kai Li is at the University of British Columbia. We thank an anonymous referee, an Associate Editor, Cam Harvey (Editor), Miguel Ferreira, Mark Flannery, Emilia Garcia, Vidhan Goyal, Rob Heinkel, Mark Huson, Wei Jiang, Robert Kieschnick, Mark Leary, Mike Lemmon, Dave Mauer, Michael Meloche, Gordon Phillips, Josh Rauh, Jay Ritter, Zacharias Sautner, Pei Shao, Kostas Tzioumis, Philip Valta, Feng Zhang, Mengxin Zhao, seminar participants at City University London, Federal Reserve Board of the Governors, National University of Singapore, National Technological University of Singapore, New University of Lisbon (Nova), Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Pompeu Fabra University, Princeton University, UBC, Singapore Management University, Stockholm School of Economics and SIFR, University of Alberta, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, and conference participants at the 6th Portuguese Finance Network Conference (Azores), the China International Conference in Finance (Beijing), the ESSFM Conference (Gerzensee), the European Finance Association Meetings (Frankfurt), the French Finance Association Meetings (Montpellier), the Northern Finance Association Meetings (Winnipeg), the American Finance Association Meetings (Chicago), and the Midwest Finance Association Meetings (New Orleans) for helpful comments. We thank Milka Dimitrova, Huasheng Gao, and Feng Zhang for excellent research assistance. Colla wishes to thank the Bendheim Center for Finance at Princeton University for its hospitality and support. Li wishes to acknowledge financial support from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. All remaining errors are our own.
Article first published online: 10 SEP 2013
© 2013 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 68, Issue 5, pages 2117–2141, October 2013
How to Cite
COLLA, P., IPPOLITO, F. and LI, K. (2013), Debt Specialization. The Journal of Finance, 68: 2117–2141. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12052
- Issue published online: 10 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 10 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 9 APR 2013 03:23PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 10 SEP 2010
- Bendheim Center
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!