Maksimovic and Yang are from the University of Maryland and Phillips is from the University of Southern California and NBER. This research was supported by NSF grant #0965328 and was conducted while the authors were Special Sworn Status researchers of the U.S. Census Bureau at the Center for Economic Studies. We would like to thank the Editor (Cam Harvey), an anonymous referee, and an Associate Editor for many helpful comments. In addition we wish to thank Jose-Miguel Gaspar, Jarrad Harford, David Robinson, and seminar participants at Florida State University, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, UCLA, University of Paris Dauphine, IFN conference at Stockholm, York University, University of California at Riverside, University of Rochester, California Corporate Finance Conference, UCLA/USC Annual Conference, NBER Corporate Finance Group, UBC 2010 Summer Conference, University of Virginia, Washington University 2010 Corporate Finance Conference, and the WFA 2010 meetings. We also thank researchers at the Center for Economic Studies for their helpful comments, and Antonio Falato at the Federal Reserve for providing data on Commercial and Industrial (C&I) loan rates. Research results and conclusions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Census Bureau. This paper has been screened to ensure that no confidential data are revealed.
Private and Public Merger Waves
Article first published online: 10 SEP 2013
© 2013 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 68, Issue 5, pages 2177–2217, October 2013
How to Cite
MAKSIMOVIC, V., PHILLIPS, G. and YANG, L. (2013), Private and Public Merger Waves. The Journal of Finance, 68: 2177–2217. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12055
- Issue published online: 10 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 10 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 APR 2013 03:06PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 SEP 2010
- NSF. Grant Number: 0965328
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!