Ben-David is with the Fisher College of Business, The Ohio State University, and NBER; Franzoni is with the University of Lugano and the Swiss Finance Institute; Landier is with the Toulouse School of Economics; and Moussawi is with Wharton Research Data Services, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. We appreciate the detailed comments of an anonymous referee and of Jennifer Conrad (Acting Editor). We also thank Alessandro Beber, Bruno Biais, Michael Halling, YeeJin Jang, Gulten Mero, Tarun Ramadorai, Matti Suominen, David Thesmar, Jason Zweig, and conference and seminar participants of the 3rd Annual Hedge Funds Conference in Paris, Catolica University in Lisbon, and the Helsinki Finance Summit for helpful comments. Ben-David acknowledges financial support from the Neil Klatskin Chair in Finance and Real Estate, and from the Dice Center at the Fisher College of Business. Landier acknowledges financial support from Scor Chair at Foundation Jean-Jacques Laffont and from the European Research Council under the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) Grant Agreement no. 312503 - SolSys.
Do Hedge Funds Manipulate Stock Prices?
Version of Record online: 12 NOV 2013
© 2013 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 68, Issue 6, pages 2383–2434, December 2013
How to Cite
BEN-DAVID, I., FRANZONI, F., LANDIER, A. and MOUSSAWI, R. (2013), Do Hedge Funds Manipulate Stock Prices?. The Journal of Finance, 68: 2383–2434. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12062
- Issue online: 12 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 12 NOV 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 13 MAY 2013 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 30 MAY 2011
- Neil Klatskin Chair in Finance and Real Estate
- Dice Center at the Fisher College of Business
- Scor Chair at Foundation Jean-Jacques Laffont and from the European Research Council under the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013). Grant Number: 312503 - SolSys
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!