Rebecca N. Hann is with University of Maryland Smith School of Business; Maria Ogneva and Oguzhan Ozbas are with University of Southern California Marshall School of Business. We thank an anonymous referee, an anonymous Associate Editor, Phil Berger, Harry DeAngelo, Paul Fischer, Ilan Guedj, Cam Harvey (the Editor), Jerry Hoberg, Chris Jones, Simi Kedia, John Matsusaka, Berk Sensoy, and seminar participants at Baruch College, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Columbia University, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, London Business School, Northwestern University, Penn State University, Purdue University, Sabancı University, University of Chicago, University of Hong Kong, University of New South Wales, University of Oregon, University of Southern California, 2011 AFA Meetings, DC Area Accounting Symposium, 21st Annual Conference on Financial Economics and Accounting, 2010 Harvard University Information, Markets, and Organizations Conference, 2010 Koç Finance Conference, 2010 Napa Conference on Financial Markets Research, 2009 University of Minnesota Empirical Conference, and 2010 University of Toronto Accounting Research Conference for helpful comments. We thank Jieying Zhang for helping us with bond pricing data. We also thank the Rock Center for Corporate Governance at Stanford University for providing access to the DealScan database and Yifeng Zhou for his excellent research assistance. Financial support from the Marshall General Research Fund and KPMG is gratefully acknowledged.
Corporate Diversification and the Cost of Capital
Article first published online: 10 SEP 2013
© 2013 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 68, Issue 5, pages 1961–1999, October 2013
How to Cite
HANN, R. N., OGNEVA, M. and OZBAS, O. (2013), Corporate Diversification and the Cost of Capital. The Journal of Finance, 68: 1961–1999. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12067
- Issue published online: 10 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 10 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 MAY 2013 10:55AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 18 SEP 2009
- Marshall General Research Fund
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!