Leary is with Olin Business School, Washington University in St. Louis, and Roberts is with The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and NBER. We thank Andy Abel, Ulf Axelson, Daniel Bergstresser, Philip Bond, Murray Frank, Ken French, Itay Goldstein, Robin Greenwood, Richard Kihlstrom, Jiro Kondo, Arvind Krishnamurthy, Camelia Kuhnen, Doron Levit, Ulrike Malmendier, David Matsa, Atif Mian, Toby Moskowitz, Francisco Perez-Gonzalez, Mitchell Petersen, Gordon Phillips, Nick Roussanov, Ken Singleton, and Moto Yogo, as well as conference and seminar participants at the NBER Fall Corporate Finance Meeting, Minnesota Corporate Finance Conference, University of Washington Summer Finance Conference, Western Finance Association Meeting, Columbia University, Cornell University, Harvard Business School, Notre Dame University, Pennsylvania State University, Purdue University, Rice University, Stanford University, Temple University, University of British Columbia, University of California Berkeley, University of Kentucky, University of Maryland, University of Pennsylvania, University of Rochester, University of Southern California, and Washington University in St. Louis. Roberts gratefully acknowledges financial support from a Rodney L. White Grant.
Do Peer Firms Affect Corporate Financial Policy?
Version of Record online: 7 JAN 2014
© 2013 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 69, Issue 1, pages 139–178, February 2014
How to Cite
LEARY, M. T. and ROBERTS, M. R. (2014), Do Peer Firms Affect Corporate Financial Policy?. The Journal of Finance, 69: 139–178. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12094
- Issue online: 7 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 7 JAN 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 AUG 2013 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 30 JUL 2010
- Rodney L. White Grant
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!