Custódio is with W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University. This paper is dedicated to the memory of Antoine Faure-Grimaud. I thank Antoine Faure-Grimaud, Daniel Ferreira, and Denis Gromb for invaluable advice and guidance. I also thank Renee Adams, Fernando Anjos, Ulf Axelson, Thomas Bates, Jan Bena, Morten Bennedsen, Vicente Cunat, David DeMeza, Alexander Dyck, Vincent Fardeau, Miguel Ferreira, Cristian Huse, Helena Isidro, Eva Labro, Massimo Massa, Daniel Metzger, Steven Monahan, Joel Peress, Urs Peyer, Gordon Phillips, Christopher Polk, Clara Raposo, Pedro Santa-Clara, Benjamin Segal, Henri Servaes, Kazbi Soonawalla, David Thesmar, Theo Vermaelen, Belen Villalonga, Paolo Volpin, David Webb, the Editor (Campbell Harvey), the Associate Editor, two referees, and seminar participants at Arizona State University, INSEAD PhD Workshop, Instituto de Empresa, London Business School, London School of Economics – Financial Markets Group, Maastricht University, Oxford University, Queen Mary College, Stanford Graduate School of Business, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, University of Notre Dame, and University of Washington, and participants at the American Finance Association 2011 Denver meetings for useful comments and suggestions. I acknowledge the support from Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia.
Mergers and Acquisitions Accounting and the Diversification Discount
Article first published online: 7 JAN 2014
© 2013 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 69, Issue 1, pages 219–240, February 2014
How to Cite
CUSTÓDIO, C. (2014), Mergers and Acquisitions Accounting and the Diversification Discount. The Journal of Finance, 69: 219–240. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12108
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 7 JAN 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 SEP 2013 12:25PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 6 NOV 2010
- Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!