Kenneth Ahern is at the Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California. Denis Sosyura is at the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan. We thank an anonymous referee, advisor, Associate Editor, Cam Harvey (Editor), Anup Agrawal, Harry DeAngelo, Cesare Fracassi, Todd Gormley, Deborah Gregory, Dirk Jenter, Simi Kedia, Mark Mitchell, Keith Moore, Marian Moszoro, Dana Muir, Stefan Petry, Matt Rhodes-Kropf, Mark Seasholes, Nejat Seyhun, Geoff Tate, Paul Tetlock, conference participants at the 2011 Utah Winter Finance Conference, the 2011 AFA Annual Meeting, the 2011 Napa Conference on Financial Markets Research, the 2011 Financial Intermediation Research Society (FIRS) Conference, the 2011 Caesarea Center Academic Conference (IDC-Herzliya), the 2011 Finance Down Under Conference, the 2011 UCLA Economics Alumni Conference, the 2011 Academy of Behavioral Finance and Economics Meetings, and the 2010 ISB Summer Research Conference in Finance, and seminar participants at ESMT-Berlin, NYU, UCLA-Anderson, University of Alabama, University of Miami, University of Michigan, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, University of Southern California, and UVA-Darden. For research assistance we thank Taylor Begley, Jason Pang Jao, Nathish Gokuladas, Tiffany Huang, Nabil Islam, Jaehyuk Jang, Dino Kaknjo, Adam Schubatis, Gregory Seraydarian, and Andrew Zeilbeck.
Who Writes the News? Corporate Press Releases during Merger Negotiations
Version of Record online: 7 JAN 2014
© 2013 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 69, Issue 1, pages 241–291, February 2014
How to Cite
AHERN, K. R. and SOSYURA, D. (2014), Who Writes the News? Corporate Press Releases during Merger Negotiations. The Journal of Finance, 69: 241–291. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12109
- Issue online: 7 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 7 JAN 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 SEP 2013 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 12 FEB 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!