Kenneth Ahern is at the University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business. Jarrad Harford is at the University of Washington, Foster School of Business. We thank two anonymous referees, an anonymous Associate Editor, Cam Harvey (Editor), Sugato Bhattacharyya, Hans Degryse, Ran Duchin, Gerard Hoberg, Jonathan Karpoff, Han Kim, Vojislav Maksimovic, David McLean, Sara Moeller, Gordon Phillips, Ed Rice, Matthew Rhodes-Kropf, David Robinson, Shawn Thomas, Karin Thorburn, and seminar participants at the 2010 Texas Finance Festival, 2010 European Summer Symposium in Financial Markets, First European Center for Corporate Control Studies Workshop in 2010, 2010 Frontiers in Finance Conference, 2011 Washington University Conference on Corporate Finance, 2011 American Finance Association Meetings, 2011 University of British Columbia Winter Finance Conference, Georgia State University, University of Illinois, University of Maryland, University of Michigan, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, University of Pittsburgh, and University of Wisconsin for helpful suggestions. We also thank Jared Stanfield for excellent research assistance.
The Importance of Industry Links in Merger Waves
Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2014
© 2014 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 69, Issue 2, pages 527–576, April 2014
How to Cite
AHERN, K. R. and HARFORD, J. (2014), The Importance of Industry Links in Merger Waves. The Journal of Finance, 69: 527–576. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12122
- Issue online: 17 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 NOV 2013 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 JUL 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!