Thorsten Beck is with Cass Business School, City University London; Tilburg University, The Netherlands; and CEPR, London. Chen Lin is with the Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Hong Kong. Yue Ma is with College of Business at City University of Hong Kong. We thank Campbell Harvey (the Editor), an Associate Editor, and three anonymous referees for their very constructive and helpful comments. We also thank Jacques Mélitz, Alex Popov, Vojislav Maksimovic, Steven Ongena, Yuhai Xuan, and seminar participants at Tilburg University, Heriot-Watt University, University of St. Andrews, the Financial Intermediation Research Society (FIRS) Conference 2010 in Florence, and the Annual Bank Conference on Development Economics (ABCDE) 2012 at the World Bank for their helpful comments. We thank Pennie Wong, Kuo Zhang, and Xiaofeng Zhao for excellent research assistance. Lin gratefully acknowledges the financial support from the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong (Project No. T31/717/12R).
Why Do Firms Evade Taxes? The Role of Information Sharing and Financial Sector Outreach
Article first published online: 17 MAR 2014
© 2014 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 69, Issue 2, pages 763–817, April 2014
How to Cite
BECK, T., LIN, C. and MA, Y. (2014), Why Do Firms Evade Taxes? The Role of Information Sharing and Financial Sector Outreach. The Journal of Finance, 69: 763–817. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12123
- Issue published online: 17 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 17 MAR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 NOV 2013 06:05AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 27 MAR 2011
- Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong. Grant Number: T31/717/12R
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!