Laurent E. Calvet is with the Department of Finance, HEC Paris. Paolo Sodini is with the Department of Finance, Stockholm School of Economics. We thank the Editor (Campbell Harvey), the Associate Editor, and two anonymous referees for many insightful suggestions. The paper benefited from helpful comments by Manuel Arellano, John Campbell, Jason Chen, Henrik Cronqvist, Marcus Fearnley, René Garcia, Mariassunta Giannetti, Francisco Gomes, Camelia Kuhnen, Pete Kyle, Deborah Lucas, Stefan Nagel, Jacques Olivier, and Stefan Siegel. We also thank seminar participants at Aalto University, Berkeley, CEMFI, Copenhagen Business School, EDHEC, the Einaudi Institute, Erasmus University, ESSEC, the European Central Bank, HEC Paris, London Business School, the London School of Economics, LUISS, Lund University, McGill, the Norwegian Central Bank, the Stockholm School of Economics, Tilburg, Université Paris-Dauphine, the University of British Columbia, the University of Geneva, the University of Lugano, the University of Texas at Austin, the University of Zürich, Warwick Business School, the 2009 conference of the Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory, the 2010 annual meeting of the American Economic Association, the 2010 conference of the International Society for Business and Industrial Statistics, the 2010 Econometric Society World Congress, the 2010 Swedish Institute for Financial Research Conference on Biology and Finance, and the 2011 Helsinki Finance Summit. We are especially grateful to Statistics Sweden and the Swedish Twin Registry for providing the data. Krister Ahlersten and Tomas Thörnqvist provided excellent research assistance. Financial support from the Agence Nationale de la Recherche, the HEC Foundation, Riksbank, the Swedish Bank Research Foundation, and the Wallander and Hedelius Foundation is gratefully acknowledged.
Twin Picks: Disentangling the Determinants of Risk-Taking in Household Portfolios
Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2014
© 2014 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 69, Issue 2, pages 867–906, April 2014
How to Cite
CALVET, L. E. and SODINI, P. (2014), Twin Picks: Disentangling the Determinants of Risk-Taking in Household Portfolios. The Journal of Finance, 69: 867–906. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12125
- Issue online: 17 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 NOV 2013 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 9 JUN 2011
- Agence Nationale de la Recherche
- HEC Foundation
- Swedish Bank Research Foundation
- Wallander and Hedelius Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!