Carvalho is at Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California. I am indebted to my advisors Jeremy Stein, Andrei Shleifer, Michael Kremer, and Gary Chamberlain for numerous discussions. I would like also to acknowledge helpful comments from Alberto Alesina, Effi Benmelech, Shawn Cole, Harry DeAngelo, Mihir Desai, Serdar Dinc, Mark Garmaise, Oliver Hart, Campbell Harvey (the Editor), Larry Katz, Asim Khwaja, John Matsusaka, Paul Niehaus, Kevin J. Murphy, Walter Novaes, Oguzhan Ozbas, and David Scharfstein, an Associate Editor, and an anonymous referee. This work benefited greatly from seminar participants at Brown, Dartmouth College Tuck, Harvard, Stockholm School of Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USC Marshall, Washington University at St. Louis Olin, Yale SOM, the USC-UCLA Finance Day, and the Western Finance Association conference. Many thanks to Bruno Araujo, Joao De Negri, and IPEA for granting me access to data. All errors are mine.
The Real Effects of Government-Owned Banks: Evidence from an Emerging Market
Article first published online: 17 MAR 2014
© 2014 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 69, Issue 2, pages 577–609, April 2014
How to Cite
CARVALHO, D. (2014), The Real Effects of Government-Owned Banks: Evidence from an Emerging Market. The Journal of Finance, 69: 577–609. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12130
- Issue published online: 17 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 17 MAR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 21 NOV 2013 12:23PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 21 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!