Harford is with the Foster School of Business, University of Washington, Klasa is with the Eller College of Management, University of Arizona, and Maxwell is with the Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University. We thank an anonymous referee; an Associate Editor; Malcolm Baker; Travis Box; Murillo Campello; Lin Chen; Amar Gande; Cam Harvey (the Editor); Chris James; Kathy Kahle; Swaminathan Kalpathy; Hayong Yun; and seminar participants at Brigham Young University, McGill University, Texas Tech University, Virginia Tech University, the University of Arizona, a University of Oregon conference, a City University of Hong Kong symposium, and the University of Innsbruck Financial Markets and Risk conference for helpful comments. We also thank Douglas Fairhurst and Matthew Serfling for excellent research assistance. Klasa thanks the University of Arizona Eller College of Management for the financial support provided by the Anheuser-Busch Endowed Chair in Entrepreneurship Studies.
Refinancing Risk and Cash Holdings
Article first published online: 8 MAY 2014
© 2014 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 69, Issue 3, pages 975–1012, June 2014
How to Cite
HARFORD, J., KLASA, S. and MAXWELL, W. F. (2014), Refinancing Risk and Cash Holdings. The Journal of Finance, 69: 975–1012. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12133
- Issue published online: 8 MAY 2014
- Article first published online: 8 MAY 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 DEC 2013 03:46PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 AUG 2011
- Anheuser-Busch Endowed Chair in Entrepreneurship Studies
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!