Martijn Cremers is at University of Notre Dame. Allen Ferrell is the Greenfield Professor of Securities Law at Harvard Law School. For helpful comments, we are grateful to an anonymous referee and Associate Editor, Reena Aggarwal, Lucian Bebchuk Bernie Black, Harvey Campbell (the Editor), John Coates, Alma Cohen, Robert Daines, Shane Johnson, András Marosi, Andrew Metrick, Ted Moorman, Randall Morck, Warren Stern, Leo Strine, and seminar participants at the AFA meetings, the Harvard Law, Economics, and Organization Research Workshop, the Corporate Governance Research Conference organized by Harvard Law School/Sloan Foundation, the Financial Crisis and Corporate Governance Conference at Ono Academic College, the MIT finance workshop, the NBER Law & Economics Conference, the Frontiers of Finance conference in Banff, the Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance in Rome, Dartmouth College, the University of Illinois, the IMF, the University of Pennsylvania, the University of Virginia, and Yale University. We would like to thank Harvard Law School, the John M. Olin Foundation in Law, Economics, and Business at Harvard Law School, Yale's Millstein Center for Corporate Governance and Performance, and the Robert C. Clark Corporate Governance Fund for their generous financial support. We would also like to thank the Delaware Division of Corporations for its kind provision of charters, the Corporate Library for providing us their coding of state defaults, and our research assistants, Haroon Baryalay, Johnson Elugbadebo, Hui Liu, and Bing Shuai.
Thirty Years of Shareholder Rights and Firm Value
Version of Record online: 8 MAY 2014
© 2014 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 69, Issue 3, pages 1167–1196, June 2014
How to Cite
CREMERS, M. and FERRELL, A. (2014), Thirty Years of Shareholder Rights and Firm Value. The Journal of Finance, 69: 1167–1196. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12138
- Issue online: 8 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 8 MAY 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 JAN 2014 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 10 FEB 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!