Mike Burkart is with the Stockholm School of Economics, CEPR, ECGI, and FMG. Denis Gromb is with INSEAD, CEPR, and ECGI. Holger M. Mueller is with the NYU Stern School of Business, NBER, CEPR, and ECGI. Fausto Panunzi is with Università Bocconi, CEPR, and ECGI. We thank the Editor (Cam Harvey), the Associate Editor, an anonymous referee, Augustin Landier, and Richmond Mathews (our discussants), and seminar participants at the NBER Corporate Finance Summer Institute, the AFA Meetings in Chicago, the 4th Paris Spring Corporate Finance Conference, the 8th Annual Conference on Corporate Finance at Washington University (Olin), the FMG 25th Anniversary Conference at LSE, the IFN Conference on Entrepreneurship, Firm Growth and Ownership Change in Vaxholm, University of Chicago (Booth), New York University (Stern), University of Utah (Eccles), INSEAD, Polytechnique-CREST (joint seminar), X-CREST, IESEG, Stockholm School of Economics, Gothenburg University, Bocconi University, University of Milano Bicocca, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF)-Consob (joint seminar), Luiss Guido Carli University, Duisenberg School of Finance, Tilburg University, IE Business School, University of Lugano, University of Zurich, University of Piraeus, and Tsinghua University for helpful comments. Financial support from the ESRC is gratefully acknowledged. Mike Burkart thanks the Jan Wallander and Tom Hedelius foundations for financial support.
Legal Investor Protection and Takeovers
Article first published online: 8 MAY 2014
© 2014 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 69, Issue 3, pages 1129–1165, June 2014
How to Cite
BURKART, M., GROMB, D., MUELLER, H. M. and PANUNZI, F. (2014), Legal Investor Protection and Takeovers. The Journal of Finance, 69: 1129–1165. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12142
- Issue published online: 8 MAY 2014
- Article first published online: 8 MAY 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 JAN 2014 10:31AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 21 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!