Boyer and Vorkink are with The Marriott School of Management, Brigham Young University. We acknowledge financial support from the Harold F. and Madelyn Ruth Silver Fund and Intel Corporation. Vorkink notes support from a Ford research fellowship. We thank Turan Bali, Nick Barberis, Josh Coval, Jefferson Duarte, Danling Jiang, Chris Jones, Don Lien, Francis Longstaff, Grant McQueen, Todd Mitton, Lasse Pedersen, Josh Pollet, Tyler Shumway, Grigory Vilkov, seminar participants at Brigham Young University, Florida State, UC Irvine, UCLA, and the University of Michigan, and conference participants at the 2012 Adam Smith Asset Pricing Conference and the 2012 Western Finance Association Meetings for helpful comments and suggestions. We also thank Greg Adams and Troy Carpenter for research support.
Stock Options as Lotteries
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2014
© 2014 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 69, Issue 4, pages 1485–1527, August 2014
How to Cite
BOYER, B. H. and VORKINK, K. (2014), Stock Options as Lotteries. The Journal of Finance, 69: 1485–1527. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12152
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 MAR 2014 01:50PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 16 DEC 2011
- Harold F. and Madelyn Ruth Silver Fund and Intel Corporation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!