Peters is with University of Amsterdam, and Wagner is with Swiss Finance Institute (University of Zurich), CEPR, ECGI, and Harvard University. We thank Cam Harvey (the Editor), an anonymous Associate Editor, and an anonymous referee for excellent comments. We are grateful to Zhonglan Dai, Cristian Dezsö, Florian Eugster, Dirk Jenter, Greg Nini, Bob Parrino, and Luke Taylor for generously sharing data from their respective papers. We thank Darrell Duffie, Rajna Gibson, Stuart Gillan, Michel Habib, Jay Hartzell (AFA discussant), Fritz Henderson, Mark Huson, Dirk Jenter, Gary King, Camelia Kuhnen, Michael Lemmon, Ulrike Malmendier, Kasper Meisner Nielsen, Enrico Moretti, Kevin Murphy, Bob Parrino, Josh Pollet, Zacharias Sautner, Laura Starks, René Stulz, Michael Wolf, David Yermack, and Jeffrey Zwiebel for discussions, and seminar participants at the CEPR European Summer Symposium in Financial Markets, the FMA Asian Conference, the NCCR FINRISK annual meeting, the SFI annual meeting, the Midwest Finance Association conference, the University of Vienna, the Helsinki School of Economics, UNC, Cranfield University, Amsterdam Business School, UC Berkeley, University of Geneva, University of Mannheim, and Georgia State University for comments. We also thank the Swiss Finance Institute, the NCCR FINRISK, and the University of Zurich Research Priority Program “Finance and Financial Markets” for financial support. Wagner expresses his heartfelt thanks to Christina Aiko Mayer for her simply wonderful support.
The Executive Turnover Risk Premium
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2014
© 2014 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 69, Issue 4, pages 1529–1563, August 2014
How to Cite
PETERS, F. S. and WAGNER, A. F. (2014), The Executive Turnover Risk Premium. The Journal of Finance, 69: 1529–1563. doi: 10.1111/jofi.12166
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2014
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 APR 2014 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Received: 8 OCT 2009
- Swiss Finance Institute
- NCCR FINRISK
- University of Zurich Research Priority Program “Finance and Financial Markets”
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!