Angela Loxham is an ESRC 1+3 funded research student in the Department of Sociology, Lancaster University, UK. email@example.com.
The Uses and Abuses of Public Space: Urban Governance, Social Ordering and Resistance, Avenham Park, Preston, c. 1850–1901†
Article first published online: 31 MAY 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Journal of Historical Sociology
Volume 26, Issue 4, pages 552–575, December 2013
How to Cite
Loxham, A. (2013), The Uses and Abuses of Public Space: Urban Governance, Social Ordering and Resistance, Avenham Park, Preston, c. 1850–1901. Journal of Historical Sociology, 26: 552–575. doi: 10.1111/johs.12018
This article was originally written as an undergraduate dissertation at Lancaster University for which it won the Andrew Pearson Prize by the Committee of the Senate. It also won the undergraduate dissertation prize awarded by the Historic Society of Lancashire and Cheshire. I would like to thank Dr. Deborah Sutton for her guidance during this project, and Dr. Angus Winchester and Dr. Michael Winstanley for offering final comments.
- Issue published online: 13 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 31 MAY 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!