George Pavlich is Professor, University of Alberta and Fellow, Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study (STIAS), Wallenberg Research Centre, Stellenbosch University, South Africa.
Sovereign Force and Crime-focused Law at the Cape Colony†
Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Journal of Historical Sociology
Special Issue: The End(s) of History: Questioning the Stakes of Historical Reason. Guest Editors: Joshua Ben David Nichols and Amy Swiffen
Volume 26, Issue 3, pages 318–338, September 2013
How to Cite
Pavlich, G. (2013), Sovereign Force and Crime-focused Law at the Cape Colony. Journal of Historical Sociology, 26: 318–338. doi: 10.1111/johs.12027
The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada provided generous funding for this research through a Standard Research Grant, for which the author is most grateful.
- Issue online: 3 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!