My thanks to Renee Braden for permission to examine the relevant files and microfilm on the official American Mount Everest Expedition in the National Geographic Society's archives. Thanks to Cathy Hunter for her help in the same archives; she was a very kind, capable and knowledgeable archivist. Thanks to Dina Copelman whose letter to the NGS helped grease the wheels of bureaucracy. My thanks to the staff at the Princeton University Firestone Library, Rare Books and Manuscripts division for their help in accessing the James Ramsey Ullman Papers. Thanks also to the staffs at the Houghton Library and the Harvard University Archives at Harvard University. Finally thanks to the staff, and particularly to the graduate student employee, at the Tufts University Tisch Library Digital Archives Collection (in September 2008) for assistance with the news clippings files and other associated material on Woodrow Wilson Sayre.
American on Everest: Individualism, the American Intellectual Tradition, and the Dream of Woodrow Wilson Sayre†
Version of Record online: 12 SEP 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Journal of Historical Sociology
Volume 27, Issue 4, pages 541–578, December 2014
How to Cite
Sutch, C. (2014), American on Everest: Individualism, the American Intellectual Tradition, and the Dream of Woodrow Wilson Sayre. Journal of Historical Sociology, 27: 541–578. doi: 10.1111/johs.12039
- Issue online: 2 DEC 2014
- Version of Record online: 12 SEP 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!