This article is a reworked and expanded version of an earlier paper delivered in French (and entitled “V.Y. Mudimbe in Partibus”) in September 2010 at the University of Lubumbashi (DRC). I am very grateful to the British Academy for an Overseas Conference Grant, which enabled me to attend the conference.
“VY Mudimbe: from the ‘Nation’ to the ‘Global’ – ‘Who is the Master?' ”†
Article first published online: 20 MAR 2014
© 2014 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Journal of Historical Sociology
Special Issue: Contesting Imperial Epistemologies. Guest Editors: Gurminder K Bhambra, Robbie Shilliam, and Daniel Orrells
Volume 27, Issue 3, pages 324–342, September 2014
How to Cite
Fraiture, P.-P. (2014), “VY Mudimbe: from the ‘Nation’ to the ‘Global’ – ‘Who is the Master?' ”. Journal of Historical Sociology, 27: 324–342. doi: 10.1111/johs.12060
- Issue published online: 22 AUG 2014
- Article first published online: 20 MAR 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!