This paper was first circulated as ‘Exclusivity as Inefficient Insurance.’ The authors thank the Editor, Jan Boone, Eric van Damme, Richard Meade, Wieland Müller, Jens Prüfer, Yossi Spiegel, Gijsbert Zwart and anonymous referees for insightful comments, as well as seminar audiences at Tilburg University, the Research Institute of Industrial Economics in Stockholm, the Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis (CPB), the Norges Handelshøyskole (NHH) in Bergen, University of Cologne, University of Bayreuth, and conference participants to the 2008 NAKE research day (Utrecht), INFRADAY 2008 (Berlin), TAI 2008 (Washington, D.C.), Larsen & EUI Workshop on ‘Efficiency, Competition and Long Term Contracts in Electricity Markets’ (Florence), CLEEN 2009 (Tilburg), EARIE 2009 (Ljubljana), and CCP Annual Conference 2010 (Norwich). The authors are responsible for any mistakes or shortcomings. Bert Willems is the recipient of a Marie Curie Intra European Fellowship (PIEF-GA-2008-221085). He thanks the Electricity Policy Group at Cambridge University, where part of the research was performed, for its hospitality.
Exclusivity Contracts, Insurance and Financial Market Foreclosure†
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Editorial Board of The Journal of Industrial Economics
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Volume 60, Issue 4, pages 609–630, December 2012
How to Cite
Argenton, C. and Willems, B. (2012), Exclusivity Contracts, Insurance and Financial Market Foreclosure. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 60: 609–630. doi: 10.1111/joie.12000
- Issue published online: 20 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2012
- Marie Curie Intra European Fellowship. Grant Number: PIEF-GA-2008-221085
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!