I thank Nisvan Erkal and Hugo Hopenhayn for motivating comments discussions, and the Editors for queries that much improved the paper. I thank the Toulouse Network on Information Technology, NSF Grant 0830186, and the Sloan Foundation for funding. I thank the Toulouse School of Economics for hospitality during the preparation of this paper.
Patents in the University: Priming the Pump and Crowding Out†
Article first published online: 21 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Editorial Board of The Journal of Industrial Economics and John Wiley & Sons Ltd
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Special Issue: SYMPOSIUM ON PATENTS, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION. Edited by Mark Schankerman
Volume 61, Issue 3, pages 817–844, September 2013
How to Cite
Scotchmer, S. (2013), Patents in the University: Priming the Pump and Crowding Out. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 61: 817–844. doi: 10.1111/joie.12023
- Issue published online: 21 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 21 OCT 2013
- Toulouse Network on Information Technology
- NSF. Grant Number: 0830186
- Sloan Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!