We are indebted to William Kerr, the Editors and participants at the Conference on Patents, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship and the NBER Entrepreneurship Working Group for insightful comments. We also thank Haim Abramovich, Orna Berry, Shlomo Caine, Uri Gabai, Gad Levi, Shlomo Maital, Ayla Matalon, Ed Mlavsky, Mira Peled, David Perez-Castrillo, Maura Rosenfeld, Eduardo Shoval, Yossi Smoller, Einat Spivak, Manuel Trajtenberg, Daniel Wasserteil, and Yuval Weiss. Jerry and Marie Thursby gratefully acknowledge funding from NSF SciSIP Award 0965289. The views expressed herein are those of the authors.
Patents as Signals for Startup Financing†
Version of Record online: 21 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Editorial Board of The Journal of Industrial Economics and John Wiley & Sons Ltd
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Special Issue: SYMPOSIUM ON PATENTS, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION. Edited by Mark Schankerman
Volume 61, Issue 3, pages 592–622, September 2013
How to Cite
Conti, A., Thursby, J. and Thursby, M. (2013), Patents as Signals for Startup Financing. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 61: 592–622. doi: 10.1111/joie.12025
- Issue online: 21 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 21 OCT 2013
- NSF SciSIP Award. Grant Number: 0965289
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!