Hypoglycaemic episodes and risk of dementia in diabetes mellitus: 7-year follow-up study
Article first published online: 5 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Association for the Publication of the Journal of Internal Medicine
Journal of Internal Medicine
Volume 273, Issue 1, pages 102–110, January 2013
How to Cite
Taichung Veterans General Hospital; Taichung Veterans General Hospital; Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung; National Yang-Ming University, Taipei; and National Chung-Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan). Hypoglycaemic episodes and risk of dementia in diabetes mellitus: 7-year follow-up study. J Intern Med2012; doi: 10.1111/joim.12000., (
- Issue published online: 27 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 5 NOV 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 24 SEP 2012 09:00AM EST
- Taichung Veterans General Hospital. Grant Numbers: TCVGH-1013001C, TCVGH-1013002D, TCVGH-1017303B
- National Science Council. Grant Number: NSC-98-2314-B075A-002-MY3
- 5ADVANCE Collaborative Group. Cognitive function and risks of cardiovascular disease and hypoglycaemia in patients with type 2 diabetes: the Action in Diabetes and Vascular Disease: Preterax and Diamicron Modified Release Controlled Evaluation (ADVANCE) trial. Diabetologia 2009; 52: 2328–36., , et al.;
- 7Hypoglycemic episodes and risk of dementia in older patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. JAMA 2009; 15: 1565–72., , , , .
- 13on behalf of the Edinburgh Type 2 Diabetes Study investigators. Severe hypoglycaemia and late-life cognitive ability in older people with type 2 diabetes: the Edinburgh Type 2 Diabetes Study. Diabet Med 2012; 29: 328–36., , , , , ;
- 14National Health Insurance Research Database. Available at http://nhird.nhri.org.tw/en/index.htm (Accessed April 30, 2012).
- 28Hypoglycemic symptoms in patients with type 2 diabetes in Asia-Pacific real-life effectiveness and care patterns of diabetes management: the RECAP-DM study. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2010; 89: e30–2., , , , .