This article is linked to: The Original Article by Lewis et al., Clinical characteristics of a novel subgroup of chronic fatigue syndrome patients with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. 273, 5, 501-510, Article first published online: 7 JAN 2013.
Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome as a clinically important subgroup of chronic fatigue syndrome: further evidence for central nervous system dysfunctioning
Article first published online: 8 FEB 2013
© 2013 The Association for the Publication of the Journal of Internal Medicine
Journal of Internal Medicine
Volume 273, Issue 5, pages 498–500, May 2013
How to Cite
Nijs, J. and Ickmans, K. (2013), Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome as a clinically important subgroup of chronic fatigue syndrome: further evidence for central nervous system dysfunctioning. Journal of Internal Medicine, 273: 498–500. doi: 10.1111/joim.12034
- Issue published online: 22 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 8 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 JAN 2013 12:00PM EST
- 1Clinical characteristics of a novel subgroup of chronic fatigue syndrome patients with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. J Intern Med 2013; in press., , , .
- 5Myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome: clinical working case definition, diagnostic and treatment protocols. J Chronic Fatigue Syndr 2003; 11: 7–115., , et al.
- 6Deconditioning in patients with orthostatic intolerance. Neurology. 2012; 79: 1435–9., , et al.
- 7Increasing orthostatic stress impairs neurocognitive functioning in chronic fatigue syndrome with postural tachycardia syndrome. Clin Sci (Lond). 2012; 122: 227–38., , , .
- 10Cerebral blood flow is reduced in chronic fatigue syndrome as assessed by arterial spin labeling. J Neurol Sci 2011; 301: 9–11., , .
- 17Reduced pressure pain thresholds in response to exercise in chronic fatigue syndrome but not in chronic low back pain: an experimental study. J Rehabil Med 2010; 42: 884–90., , , .
- 19Dysfunctional endogenous analgesia during exercise in patients with chronic pain: To exercise or not to exercise? Pain Physician 2012; 15: ES205–13., , , .