Effects of an isocaloric healthy Nordic diet on insulin sensitivity, lipid profile and inflammation markers in metabolic syndrome – a randomized study (SYSDIET)
Article first published online: 2 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Association for the Publication of the Journal of Internal Medicine
Journal of Internal Medicine
Volume 274, Issue 1, pages 52–66, July 2013
How to Cite
University of Eastern Finland; Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland; Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark; University of Oulu, Oulu; Finland; Lund University; Skåne University Hospital, Lund, Sweden; University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland; Uppsala University, Uppsala; Center for Clinical Research Dalarna, Falun, Sweden; University of Eastern Finland; Kuopio, Finland; University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Aarhus University Hospital; Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark; Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden; Norwegian Institute of Food, Fisheries and Aquaculture Research, Ås; Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences Oslo, Norway; University of Iceland and Landspitali – The National University Hospital of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland; VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Espoo, Finland; Skåne University Hospital, Lund, Sweden Effects of an isocaloric healthy Nordic diet on insulin sensitivity, lipid profile and inflammation markers in metabolic syndrome – a randomized study (SYSDIET). J Intern Med 2013; 274: 52‒66., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- Issue published online: 11 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 2 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 FEB 2013 02:24PM EST
- 2Harmonizing the metabolic syndrome: a joint interim statement of the international diabetes federation task force on epidemiology and prevention; National Heart, Lung and, Blood Institute; American Heart Association; World Heart Federation; International Atherosclerosis Society; and International Association for the Study of Obesity. Circulation 2009; 120: 1640–5., , et al.
- 18Mediterranean diet pyramid: a cultural model for healthy eating. Am J Clin Nutr 1995; 61: S1402–19., , , , .
- 26Nordic Nutrition Recommendations. 4th Edition Intergrading Nutrition and Physical activityNord 2004:13. Copenhagen: Nordic Council of Ministers, 2004.
- 30the R Development Core Team. nlme: Linear and Nonlinear Mixed Effects Models. R package version 3.1-102. Available at: http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/nlme/ [accessed March 2012]., , , ;
- 31R Development Core Team. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing, 2011. ISBN 3-900051-07-0, URL http://www.R-project.org/. Accessed March 30 2012.
- 32Epidemiological and intervention studies on the effect of marine polyunsaturated fatty acids on blood pressure. J Intern Med 1989; 225(Suppl 1): 105–10..