Risks of neurological and immune-related diseases, including narcolepsy, after vaccination with Pandemrix: a population- and registry-based cohort study with over 2 years of follow-up
Article first published online: 10 NOV 2013
© 2013 The Association for the Publication of the Journal of Internal Medicine
Journal of Internal Medicine
Volume 275, Issue 2, pages 172–190, February 2014
How to Cite
Medical Products Agency, Uppsala; Unit of Clinical Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm; Unit of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm; Department of Paediatrics, Örebro University Hospital, Örebro and Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm; Sweden. Risks of neurological and immune-related diseases, including narcolepsy, after vaccination with Pandemrix: a population- and registry-based cohort study with over 2 years of follow-up. J Intern Med 2014; 275: 172–190., , , , , .
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 10 NOV 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 OCT 2013 06:27AM EST
- 1Influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 vaccination policies and coverage in Europe. Euro Surveill 2012; pii: 20064., , et al.
- 2Smittskyddsinstitutet, Sweden. EPI-aktuellt, vol 9, nr 37, Vaccination mot den nya influensan, http://www.smittskyddsinstitutet.se/presstjanst/smis-nyhetsbrev/epi-aktuellt/epi-aktuellt-2010/epi-aktuellt-vol-9-nr-37-16-september2010-/#p18270. Accessed September 16, 2010.
- 3Medical Products Agency, Sweden. A registry based comparative cohort study in four Swedish counties of the risk for narcolepsy after vaccination with Pandemrix - A first and preliminary report, by the Medical Products Agency. March 29, 2011. http://www.lakemedelsverket.se/english/All-news/NYHETER-2011/A-Swedish-registry-based-cohort-study-provides-strengthened-evidence-of-an-association-between-vaccination-with-Pandemrix-and-narcolepsy-in-children-and-adolescents-/. Accessed March 2011.
- 4Medical Products Agency, Sweden. Occurrence of narcolepsy with cataplexy among children and adolescents in relation to the H1N1 pandemic and Pandemrix vaccinations - Results of a case inventory study by the MPA in Sweden during 2009–2010. June 30, 2011. http://www.lakemedelsverket.se/Alla-nyheter/NYHETER-2011/Rapport-fran-fallinventeringsstudie-om-Pandemrix-och-narkolepsi/. Accessed June 2011.
- 6Department of Health, Ireland. Investigation of an increase in the incidence of narcolepsy in children and adolescents in 2009 and 2010. Final report of the Narcolepsy Study Steering Committee. April 19, 2012. http://www.dohc.ie/publications/Nat_Narcolespy_Study_SC_Report.html. Accessed April 2012.
- 8Centre hospitalier et Universitaire de Bordeaux, INSERM, Université Bordeaux Segalen, France. NarcoFlu-FV Study: Influenza, Influenza vaccination and Narcolepsy: French contribution to the European Case Control Study. August 6, 2012. Etude NarcoFlu-VF (NarcoFlu VAESCO-France): Grippe, vaccination antigrippale et narcolepsie : contribution française à l'étude cas-témoins européenne. Août 2012. (20/09/2012) (1854 ko)
- 9National Institute for health and welfare, Finland. et al. Increased risk of narcolepsy observed also among adults vaccinated with Pandemrix in Finland. May 23, 2103. http://www.thl.fi/en_US/web/en/pressrelease?id=33516. Accessed May 2013.
- 17Risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome following H1N1 influenza vaccination in Quebec. JAMA 2012; 308: 175–81., , et al.
- 23The European Medicines Agency (EMEA), The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) and The Heads of Medicines Agencies (HMA): European Strategy for Influenza A/H1N1 Vaccine Benefit-Risk Monitoring, October 2009. www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Report/2010/01/WC500044933.pdf. Accessed October 2009.
- 25SWEDIABKIDS. Annual Report: p 38. National Diabetes Registry. https://www.ndr.nu/ndr2/. Accessed July 2012.
- 27European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, Stockholm. Narcolepsy in association with pandemic influenza vaccination (a multi-country European epidemiological investigation). http://ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications/Publications/Forms/ECDC_DispForm.aspx?ID=959. Accessed September 20, 2012.