These authors contributed equally.
Comparison of the effects on glycaemic control and β-cell function in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes patients of treatment with exenatide, insulin or pioglitazone: a multicentre randomized parallel-group trial (the CONFIDENCE study)
Article first published online: 5 AUG 2014
© 2014 The Association for the Publication of the Journal of Internal Medicine
Journal of Internal Medicine
Volume 277, Issue 1, pages 137–150, January 2015
How to Cite
Comparison of the effects on glycaemic control and β-cell function in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes patients of treatment with exenatide, insulin or pioglitazone: a multicentre randomized parallel-group trial (the CONFIDENCE study). J Intern Med 2015; 277: 137–150., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , (The Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou; Drum Tower Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing University Medical School, Nanjing; Zhongda Hospital, Institute of Diabetes, Medical School, Southeast University, Nanjing; Beijing Hospital of the Ministry of Public Health, Beijing; The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing; The Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Medical College, Zhanjiang; Affiliated Hospital of Guiyang Medical College, Guizhou; The First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing; The Affiliated Hospital of Inner Mongolia Medical University, Hohhot; The Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin; Peking University First Hospital, Beijing; The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning; Chinese People's Liberation Army General Hospital, Beijing; The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang; China–Japan Friendship Hospital, Beijing; Xijing Hospital affiliated to the Fourth Military Medical University, Xi'an; Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou; The First Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical University, Kunming; Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan; Qingyuan People's Hospital, Qingyuan; Diabetes Centre, Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, the Second Xiangya Hospital and Key Laboratory of Diabetes Immunology, Ministry of Education, Central South University, Changsha; General Hospital of Beijing Military Region, Beijing; First Affiliated Hospital of Shenzhen University, Shenzhen; The First Affiliated Hospital, Shantou University Medical College, Shantou; and Peking University People's Hospital, Beijing; China).
- Issue published online: 15 DEC 2014
- Article first published online: 5 AUG 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 JUL 2014 02:10AM EST
- Ministry of Health of the People's Republic of China
- National Science Fund. Grant Number: 81025005
- Eli Lilly and Co.
- Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Astra Zeneca
- 2National, regional, and global trends in fasting plasma glucose and diabetes prevalence since 1980: systematic analysis of health examination surveys and epidemiological studies with 370 country-years and 2.7 million participants. Lancet 2011; 378: 31–40., , et al.
- 4Clinical Practice Guidelines: pharmacologic management of Type 2 diabetes. Can J Diabetes 2013; 37(Suppl 1): s61–8..
- 5Chinese Diabetes Society. China guideline for type 2 diabetes (2010 edition). Chin J Diabetes 2012; 20: S1–36.
- 20Achieving a clinically relevant composite outcome of an HbA1c of <7% without weight gain or hypoglycaemia in type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis of the liraglutide clinical trial programme. Diabetes Obes Metab 2012; 14: 77–82., , , , .
- 27Risk of cardiovascular disease events in patients with type 2 diabetes prescribed the glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist exenatide twice daily or other glucose-lowering therapies: a retrospective analysis of the LifeLink database. Diabetes Care 2011; 34: 90–5., , et al.
- 31Comparison of 24-week Treatment with Exenatide, Insulin and Pioglitazone in Newly Diagnosed and Drug-naïve T2DM. Diabetes 2012; 61(Suppl 1): A4., , et al.
- 32Comparison of glycemic control and beta-cell function in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes patients treated with exenatide, insulin or pioglitazone: a multicentre, randomized, parallel-group trial (CONFIDENCE). Diabetes 2014; 63(Suppl 1): A86., , et al.