Measuring job satisfaction of advanced nurse practitioners and advanced midwife practitioners in the Republic of Ireland: a survey
Article first published online: 4 JUL 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Journal of Nursing Management
Special Issue: This issue: Transitions and tensions: the discipline of nursing in an interdisciplinary context Issue editor: Gerard M. Fealy
Volume 23, Issue 1, pages 107–117, January 2015
How to Cite
2015) Journal of Nursing Management 23, 107–117. Measuring job satisfaction of advanced nurse practitioners and advanced midwife practitioners in the Republic of Ireland: a survey, & (
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2015
- Article first published online: 4 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAR 2013
- 1994) Transformational leadership: the feminist connection in post modern organisations. Holistic Nursing Practice 9 (1), 16–25. & (
- 1997) Neonatal nurse practitioners role satisfaction. Journal of Perinatal Neonatal Nursing 11 (1), 65–76. , & (
- 2003) Experiences of pioneer nurse practitioners in establishing advanced practice roles. Journal of Nursing Scholarship 35 (4), 391–397. & (
- 2007) A survey of oncology advanced practice nurses in Ontario: profile and predictors of job satisfaction. Nursing Leadership 20 (2), 50–68. , , , , & (
- 1992) Job satisfaction of nursing staff working in hospitals. Journal of Advanced Nursing 17 (11), 704–711. (
- 1991) The relationship between primary health care practitioners’ job satisfaction and characteristics of their practice setting. Nurse Practitioner 16 (5), 46–55. (
- Department of Health and Children. (2001) The Report of the National Joint Steering Group of the Working Hours of Non Consultant Hospital Doctors, pp. 5–158. Stationery Office, Dublin.
- Department of Health and Children. (2003) Report of the National Task Force on Medical Staffing, pp. 9–120. Stationery Office, Dublin.
- Government of Ireland. (1998) The Report of the Commission on Nursing: A Blueprint for the Future, pp. 19–160. Stationery Office, Dublin.
- Government of Ireland. (2004) Industrial Relations (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, pp. 3–10. Stationery Office, Dublin.
- 1966) Work and the Nature of Man, pp. 2–203. World Publishing, Ohio. . (
- 2005) Measurement of Nurse Practitioner job satisfaction in a mid-western state. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners 17 (1), 27–32. , & (
- 2006) What is true professional autonomy? The Nurse Practitioner 31 (3), 37. & (
- 1998) Satisfaction with practice in a rural state: perceptions of nurse practitioners and nurse midwives. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners 10 (1), 9–14. , & (
- 1999) Longitudinal survey of acute care nurse practitioner practice:year 1. AACN Clinical Issues 10 (4), 515–520. (
- 1991) Job satisfaction of nurse practitioners; an analysis using Herzbergs theory. Nurse Practitioner 16 (4), 43–56. , & (
- 2003) Nurse empowerment, job related satisfaction and organisational commitment. Journal of Nursing Care Quality 18 (3), 184–192. , & (
- 2003) Predicting registered nurse job satisfaction and intent to leave. Journal of Nursing Administration 33 (5), 271–283. , , , , & (
- 2010) The mediating role of psychological empowerment on job satisfaction and organisational commitment for school health nurses: a cross sectional questionnaire survey. International Journal of Nursing Studies 47 (4), 427–433. , & (
- 2005) Role development and effective practice in specialist and advanced practice roles in acute hospital settings: systematic review and meta-synthesis. Journal of Advanced Nursing 9 (2), 191–209. (
- 2000) Clinical supervision: a concept analysis. Journal of Advanced Nursing 21 (3), 722–729. (
- 2003) Factors that influence nurses job satisfaction. Journal of Nursing Administration 33 (5), 293–299. , & (
- 2011) Nurse practitioners’ job satisfaction and intent to leave current positions, the nursing profession, and the nurse practitioner role as a direct care provider. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners 23 (1), 42–50. , & (
- 2001) Development of the Misener Nurse Practitioner Job Satisfaction Scale. Journal of Nursing Measurement 9 (1), 91–108. & (
- 1997) The relation between leadership style and empowerment on job satisfaction of nurses. Journal of Nursing Administration 27 (5), 27–34. , & (
- 2005) Job satisfaction in nursing: validation of a new instrument for the UK. Journal of Nursing Management 13 (4), 296–311. , & (
- National Council for the Professional Development of Nursing and Midwifery. (2004) Framework for the establishment for the Advanced Nurse Practitioner and Advanced Midwife Practitioner Posts, 2nd edn. National Council for the Professional Development of Nursing and Midwifery, Dublin.
- National Council for the Professional Development of Nursing and Midwifery. (2005) Service need analysis for Clinical Nurse/Midwife Specialist and Advanced Nurse/Midwife Practitioner posts. National Council for the Professional Development of Nursing and Midwifery, Dublin.
- New South Wales Health Department. (1996) Nursing Recruitment and Retention Taskforce NSW Health Department. Available at: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/nursing/rrecs.html, accessed 25 January 2012.
- 1992) Health care dollars and regulatory sense: the role of advanced practice nursing. Yale Journal of Regulation 9 (2), 417–487. (
- 2007) Job satisfaction among Arizona adult nurse practitioners. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners 19 (1), 30–34. (
- 2001) Improving nurse retention in the National Health Service in England: the impact of job satisfaction on intention to quit. Journal of Health Economics 20 (5), 677–701. & (
- 1997) A dimensional analysis of the relationship between psychological empowerment and effectiveness, satisfaction and strain. Journal of Management 23 (5), 679–704. , & (
- SPSS Inc. Released (2007) SPSS for Windows, Version 16.0. Chicago, SPSS Inc.
- 2007) Coaching: a different approaching to the nursing dilemma. Nurse Administration Quarterly 31 (1), 3–49. & (
- 2010) Psychological empowerment and structural empowerment among nurse practitioners. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners 22 (1), 27–34. , , & (
- 1999) The changing nature of nurses job satisfaction: an exploration of sources of satisfaction in the 1990s. Journal of Advanced Nursing 30 (1), 150–158. & (
- 1981) Nursing Research: Design Statistics and Computer Analysis, pp. 5–362. F.A Davis, Philadelphia. & . (
- 2006) Nurse practitioners characteristics and job satisfaction. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners 18 (11), 544–549. & (
- 2009) The effect of emotional intelligent leadership behaviour on emergency staff nurses’ workplace empowerment and organisational commitment. Nursing Research 22 (1), 72–85. , & (