I am grateful to Bert van den Brink, Joel Anderson, and Patchen Markell for invaluable discussions of this project at various stages of development. For helpful feedback I also thank Rutger Claassen, Wout Cornelissen, Marcus Duewell, Tim Heysse, Hans Joas, Cristina Lafont, J. J. McFadden, Chris Meckstroth, Aletta Norval, David Owen, Jacco Pekelder, Roland Pierik, J. T. Scarry, and referees for the Journal of Political Philosophy, as well as participants of the Political Theory Workshop at the University of Chicago, the Practical Philosophy Colloquium at Utrecht University, and the Political Theory panel of the Politicologenetmaal in Berg en Dal. Most of the research for this article was conducted at Utrecht University and during a stay at the University of Chicago, facilitated by a grant from the Prins Bernhard Cultuurfonds.
Taking Stances, Contesting Commitments: Political Legitimacy and the Pragmatic Turn†
Article first published online: 22 OCT 2012
© 2012 John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
Journal of Political Philosophy
Volume 21, Issue 4, pages 426–450, December 2013
How to Cite
Fossen, T. (2013), Taking Stances, Contesting Commitments: Political Legitimacy and the Pragmatic Turn. Journal of Political Philosophy, 21: 426–450. doi: 10.1111/jopp.12003
- Issue published online: 17 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 22 OCT 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!