I thank the Center for Study of Public Choice and the Mercatus Center for financial support. For comments, I thank Michael Abramowicz, Kathryn Aegis, Tom Bell, Peter Boettke, Nick Bostrom, Tom Breton, Damein Broderick, James Buchanan, Bryan Caplan, Ed Clarke, Joseph Coffey, Roger Congleton, Tyler Cowen, Eric Crampton, Wei Dai, Hal Finney, David Friedman, William Fischel, Andrew Gelman, Amihai Glazer, Katja Grace, Tim Groseclose, Karl Hallowell, Thomas Hanson, Paul Hewitt, Bernardo Huberman, Craig Hubley, Peggy Jackson, Ron Johnson, Michael Kremer, Ken Koford, Hassan Masum, Peter McCluskey, Jim McKinney, Steve McMullen, Joshua Miller, Mencius Moldbug, Eli Lehrer, Florenz Plassmann, John Salvatier, Edward Stringham, Nick Szabo, Alexander Tabarrok, Earl Thompson, Nicolaus Tideman, Norm Tucker, Hal Varian, Karen Vaughn, Gary Wagner, Eliezer Yudkowsky, Richard Zeckhauser.
Shall We Vote on Values, But Bet on Beliefs?†
Article first published online: 27 FEB 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Journal of Political Philosophy
Volume 21, Issue 2, pages 151–178, June 2013
How to Cite
HANSON, R. (2013), Shall We Vote on Values, But Bet on Beliefs?. Journal of Political Philosophy, 21: 151–178. doi: 10.1111/jopp.12008
- Issue published online: 13 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 27 FEB 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!