Special thanks to Kristinn Már Ársælsson (ALDA), Jim Fishkin (Stanford University), Salvör Nordal (Director of the Center for Ethics at the University of Iceland and a former member of the Icelandic Constitutional Council), Finnur Magnusson (CTO of the Icelandic Constitutional Council) and Jón Ólafsson (Bifröst University). I presented the idea of this article at the conference on “In/Equalities, Democracy, and the Politics of Transition” in Reykjavik, in May 2012, at the end of which Jón Ólafsson gave some of the participants, including myself, the opportunity of meeting with nine of the twenty-five Constitutional Council members. I'm grateful for the better understanding of the process that the discussion with them generated. Drafts or parts of this article were presented at the 4th International Conference on Democracy as Idea and Practice in Oslo, in January, 2013; at a conference on the Right to Information and Transparency, at Stanford University, on 11 March 2013; and at the Political Theory Workshop of the Political Science Department, at Stanford University, on 24 May, 2013.
Inclusive Constitution-Making: The Icelandic Experiment†
Article first published online: 25 FEB 2014
© 2014 John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
Journal of Political Philosophy
Volume 23, Issue 2, pages 166–191, June 2015
How to Cite
Landemore, H. (2015), Inclusive Constitution-Making: The Icelandic Experiment. Journal of Political Philosophy, 23: 166–191. doi: 10.1111/jopp.12032
- Issue published online: 9 MAY 2015
- Article first published online: 25 FEB 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!