Amy Finkelstein and James Poterba are at the Department of Economics, MIT, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, E17-214, Cambridge, MA 02139. They can be contacted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The authors are also affiliated with the National Bureau of Economic Research. They thank Edmund Cannon, Pierre-Andre Chiappori, Richard Disney, Liran Einav, Carl Emmerson, Michael Orszag, Casey Rothschild, Ian Tonks, Michael Wadsworth, Jonathan Zinman, and especially Jeff Brown and Keith Crocker for helpful comments and encouragement; Hui Shan for outstanding research assistance; the National Institute of Aging and the National Science Foundation (Poterba) for financial support; and the generous employees at the firm that provided the data for this study. Poterba is a trustee of the College Retirement Equity Fund (CREF) and of the TIAA-CREF mutual funds, entities that sell retirement saving products including annuities.
Testing for Asymmetric Information Using “Unused Observables” in Insurance Markets: Evidence from the U.K. Annuity Market
Version of Record online: 18 FEB 2014
© The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 2014
Journal of Risk and Insurance
Volume 81, Issue 4, pages 709–734, December 2014
How to Cite
Finkelstein, A. and Poterba, J. (2014), Testing for Asymmetric Information Using “Unused Observables” in Insurance Markets: Evidence from the U.K. Annuity Market. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 81: 709–734. doi: 10.1111/jori.12030
- Issue online: 23 NOV 2014
- Version of Record online: 18 FEB 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!