Thomas R. Berry-Stölzle is at the Terry College of Business, University of Georgia, 206 Brooks Hall, Athens, GA 30602. Berry-Stölzle can be contacted via e-mail: email@example.com. Gregory P. Nini is at the LeBow College of Business, Gerri C. LeBow Hall 1129, 3141 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Sabine Wende is at the Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences, University of Cologne, Albertus-Magnus-Platz, 50923 Cologne, Germany. The authors would like to thank participants of the 2013 AEA Annual Meeting, 2012 NBER Universities Research Conference, the 2012 Risk Theory Society Seminar, the 2012 ARIA Annual Meeting, the 2012 FMA Annual Meeting, and the Convergence, Interconnectedness, and Crisis: Insurance and Banking Conference at Temple University for helpful comments and suggestions. All remaining errors are our own. Thomas R. Berry-Stölzle gratefully acknowledges financial support from a Terry-Sanford research grant. Sabine Wende gratefully acknowledges financial support from the 2nd Female Professor Program of the University of Cologne and travel support from the German Academic Exchange Service.
External Financing in the Life Insurance Industry: Evidence From the Financial Crisis
Article first published online: 7 MAY 2014
© The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 2014
Journal of Risk and Insurance
Volume 81, Issue 3, pages 529–562, September 2014
How to Cite
Berry-Stölzle, T. R., Nini, G. P. and Wende, S. (2014), External Financing in the Life Insurance Industry: Evidence From the Financial Crisis. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 81: 529–562. doi: 10.1111/jori.12042
- Issue published online: 19 AUG 2014
- Article first published online: 7 MAY 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!