Stuart L. Gillan is at the Department of Finance, Terry College of Business, 452 Brooks Hall, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602. Gillan can be contacted via e-mail: email@example.com. Christine A. Panasian is at the Department of Finance, Sobey School of Business, Saint Mary's University, Halifax, NS B3H 3C3, Canada. Panasian can be contacted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank the anonymous referees, Scott Bauguess, Martin Boyer, Bill Brown, George Cashman, Jack Cooney, Pat Fishe, Jim Garven, Jay Hartzell, Kent Hickman, Chip LaLone, Darius Miller, Laura Starks, Mike Stegemoller, Sheridan Titman, John Wald, Peter Westfall, David Williams, and seminar participants at Baylor University, Cal-State Fullerton, East Tennessee State University, Gonzaga University, HEC-Montreal, Southern Methodist University, Texas Christian University, University of Richmond, University of Alberta, UT Austin, and UT San Antonio for helpful comments.
On Lawsuits, Corporate Governance, and Directors' and Officers' Liability Insurance
Version of Record online: 7 MAY 2014
© 2014 The Journal of Risk and Insurance
Journal of Risk and Insurance
Volume 82, Issue 4, pages 793–822, December 2015
How to Cite
Gillan, S. L. and Panasian, C. A. (2015), On Lawsuits, Corporate Governance, and Directors' and Officers' Liability Insurance. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 82: 793–822. doi: 10.1111/jori.12043
- Issue online: 18 NOV 2015
- Version of Record online: 7 MAY 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!