I would like to thank Peter Loeb, Julia Schwenkenberg, and Troy Tassier for their helpful comments. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2011 American Economic Association meetings in Denver, Colorado; I thank Edward Glaeser for his helpful comments as discussant. I am also grateful for the comments from editor Gianmarco Ottaviano and three anonymous referees. I would also like to thank seminar participants of the Fordham University Economics Department for their helpful suggestions. This work was partially funded by a Rutgers University Research Council Grant. Any errors belong to the author.
SKYSCRAPERS AND SKYLINES: NEW YORK AND CHICAGO, 1885–2007†
Article first published online: 17 MAY 2013
© 2013, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Regional Science
Volume 53, Issue 3, pages 369–391, August 2013
How to Cite
Barr, J. (2013), SKYSCRAPERS AND SKYLINES: NEW YORK AND CHICAGO, 1885–2007. Journal of Regional Science, 53: 369–391. doi: 10.1111/jors.12017
- Issue published online: 24 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 17 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: MAY 2011
- Rutgers University Research Council Grant
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!